Monday, September 24, 2012

Facebook stopped working in Internet Explorer

This has been driving me batty for the past week.

Internet Explorer and then Chrome stopped opening Facebook even via an SSL connection. The best I ever got was a view of the first block of posts on my timeline but without the ability to click on anything.

I tried clearing the cache, then deleting and rebuilding my Chrome profile, but this had no effect. However, in Internet Explorer I went to Tools > Manage Add-Ons and disabled all of them for testing. It turns out it did not like Script Proxy by McAfee. I now have Facebook working on IE. Now just to try and get Chrome working.

No comments:

Post a Comment