Here is what you need to do (steps 1 and 2 are optional but may prevent the breaking up of lettering in the logo):
- Open your image in an image editing program like Gimp or Photoshop.
- Reduce the number of colours by changing the format to indexed image file (gif or png is fine).
- Upload the image to www.vectormagic.com and follow their instructions (your first two conversions are free).
- Download the image in eps and svg formats when they prompt yopu to do so.
- Now open the image in Photoshop or Gimp.
- You will be prompted to choose what size you want the image to be.
- Enter your choice and the image will be created.
- Save your image in your prefered format.