|Here's one I made earlier.|
200g Plain Flour
2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
100g Caster Sugar
5 Tablespoons Milk
- Grease a 1 lb loaf tin.
- Put raisins in a mug and add boiling water. (tip: soaking makes them less likely to go dry or float to the top of the mix. Might want to soak for 30 minutes)
- Sieve flour into a mixing bowl.
- Add baking powder and stir in well.
- Cut butter into small cubes and rub into flour till texture is like fine crumb. (tip: if butter is hard soften for a few seconds in microwave)
- Add sugar and stir in.
- Drain raisins through the sieve and stir into mixture.
- Whisk the egg in a bowl with the milk.
- Add the egg and milk to the mixture and mix till even.
- Pour into loaf tin
- Cook for 90 minutes at 170 degrees (150 degrees for fan assisted ovens).
- Leave to cool before tapping out of the tin.
- Store Cake in a airtight container when cold.