- Very economical (I am achieving 53 miles per gallon).
- It has been totally reliable.
- Fast enough even though its only the 1.4.
- It drives quite well in snow and ice and the heated windscreen is a big help in the frost.
- Bluetooth hands free for the mobile phone is very good.
- In car audio works well, especially the USB audio facility.
- Suspension is harder than I am used to.
- No spare wheel - instead they supply a compressor and a container of tyre weld.
- The doors have no tops and the glass does not engage with the roof if its icy.
- A weird rattle caused by the "binnacle" bit of the dashboard rattling.
- Dashboard is too deep. Can barely reach glass from driving position.
- Lack of rear leg room, possibly caused by very deep dashboard.
Overall its a good car, but the lack of spare wheel and lack of leg room in the back is annoying and unnecessary as the original Austin Mini had a spare wheel and more leg room even though it was smaller. BMW are assuming that you will be near somewhere where you can get the damaged tyre repaired. I worry that it will be damaged while I am driving in the country and its too much damage for the tyre weld to cope with or the tyre weld repair fails before I can get to a garage. The dashboard is very odd.