- What the pastor told me I had to believe,
- because of what he was taught that something in the bible means,
- that was translated by someone,from their selection of possible texts,
- of books chosen by one particular group in the fourth cenury,
- based on the translators particular theological background,
- using modern understandings of word usage in ancient times,
- from a text copied and recopied over hundreds of years,
- which was written by a human being,
- who was usually claiming to be someone else,
- writing about things he had not directly witnessed,
- quoting conversations verbatim that he could not have heard,
- claiming that this was inspired by God.
Saturday, January 26, 2008
What Christians mean by the "word of God".
The whole word of God thing is a bit complex because what most christians mean by this is: